Back to the kid's table...
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    meh, Tequilla

Although I'm willing to try anything twice

(except for that)
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I am definately going to get me a bottle or 2 of Zapopan Reposado today. I've seen it on the shelf for $9.99. I can't wait for Saturday night to cap an extra long work week-- granted work doesn't carryover into Sunday as my company loads data into Lawson S3.
  • JasonJason H. R. Chufnstuf PDX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Is there a primer for gin?
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    The wife and I brought 3 bottles of this back from our cruse to Cozumel. Can't wait to test it out now!!!

Milagro Silver Tequila - 100% Blue Agave small batch tequila.
    Milagro-Silver-lg.jpg
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    milagro is available at our local Costco here. Reasonably priced, too. I haven't tried it but I've been tempted.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Jason wrote:
    Is there a primer for gin?

If you write one there will be! :p
  • JasonJason H. R. Chufnstuf PDX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    If you write one there will be! :p

I'm not sure if that's wise. From what I've been told, the last time I drank gin I ended up taking off my pants and throwing up all over your basement.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Primer on gin.

I'm on it.
    edited September 2009
    Jason wrote:
    I'm not sure if that's wise. From what I've been told, the last time I drank gin I ended up taking off my pants and throwing up all over your basement.

Ohhhh yeahhh.... about that....
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Jason wrote:

It's okay man, we've all been there. *cough*
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Why would you need a gin primer? Here's all you need to know: Hendrick's. The gin that finally got me to like gin.
  • fmuellerfmueller Auckland, NZ Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Great article. I had never had a tequila until a few years ago I had a unique opportunity to tour a very traditional tequila manufacturer in Mexico. It turned me into an instant fan, and I created a photo essay of the tour, which you can view on Photo.net:

Where does Tequila come from?

Enjoy!

Frank

3085633-md.jpg

3085576-lg.jpg
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Primer on gin.

I'm on it.

i think gin preferences are so intensely personal, it's hard to write a primer that's much more specific than "dear god don't buy anything in a plastic bottle."
    edited September 2009
    Very cool photo essay, Frank!
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    poofie wrote:
    i think gin preferences are so intensely personal, it's hard to write a primer that's much more specific than "dear god don't buy anything in a plastic bottle."
    but plastic bottles don't break when you drop them in a drunken stupor!:bawling:
  • edited July 2011
    Hi,

I'm a little confused about Zapopan Reposado. Your column says it is a mixto, but on my bottle, the label says 100% Puro de Agave in large letters. I have seen photos of this tequila bottle without the 100% Puro de Agave ID. Perhaps there are 2 versions of the tequila? How is one to tell if it's a mixto with the 100% Puro de Agave label?

Thank you
    edited July 2011
    Matt - fantastic if you've found Zapopan with the 100% de Agave label. If that label is there, it is definitely NOT mixto. Judging by the fact that the bottle of Zapopan I picked up was only ten bucks and didn't have the 100% de agave label, I assumed it was a mixto; usually any tequila that isn't labeled as 100% de agave is a mixto. Legally, however, if the label is there it has to be puro, so yours is legit.
  • edited October 2011
    Nice article. With the number of cheap 100% agave tequilas out there, I'd avoid mixto completely. I pick reposados and they're usually good enough for sipping, and if not, they make nice palomas (one part tequila, one part squirt soda, a little lime juice). A nice go-to $15-20 tequila is El Ultimo.
    Bump for tequila!
  • barf
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Let me also add, tequila makes me shake my ass at awkward social situations, its magic I tell ya, 100% magic.
    What a horrible image!

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    Tequila makes her clothes fall off! That's why I like it.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I haven't had a good tequila in a long time, over a year now. I want some.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    real talk: you can never have too much tequa.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    real talk: you can never have too much tequa.
    Many of my friends will disagree with this statement.
    For those that can find it, Costco sells a very decent 100% de Agave Anejo for a miserly $22 per liter.

I haven't made many mixed drinks since it became available.

I also recently discovered they are selling 1.5L bottles of 100% de Agave Blanco for something like $18. I have to try that next time I run out of blanco and reposado for mixing.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Like... Costco brand Tequila?

-Digi
    Yep, it's Kirkland Signature (Costco's brand)... LOL, looks like I forgot to specify in the post. I guess I've been having too much Kirkland Signature lately.